The 29th year of Stock & Land Beef Week will involve 170 properties in south-east Australia, with 30 breeds on display from Wednesday, January 29 to Wednesday, February 5.
Beef Week director Geoff Phillips said the event provided a critical service to the beef cattle industry by showcasing the genetic seedstock available to producers, as well as providing commercial producers with the opportunity to select from some of Australia’s leading seedstock herds.
“South-east Australia is home for many of the nation’s foremost herds in the British and European breeds and, during Beef Week, they either sell bulls or have bulls on display that will be auctioned at upcoming autumn on-property or multi-vendor sales,” Mr Phillips said.
More than 5000 bulls will be on display during Beef Week and stud masters will be available to give advice and answer questions.
Day one of Beef Week opens in the eastern Riverina in NSW and travels south, then west through Victoria, ending with day eight in the western Riverina and Goulburn Valley districts.
Beef Week schedule for 2020:
● Day one: Eastern Riverina on Wednesday, January 29.
● Day two: North-east Victoria on Thursday, January 30.
● Day three: East Gippsland on Friday, January 31.
● Day four: West Gippsland on Saturday, February 1.
● Day five: Central Victoria on Sunday, February 2.
● Day six: Western District (east) on Monday, February 3.
● Day seven: Western District (west) on Tuesday, February 4.
● Day eight: Western Riverina/Goulburn Valley on Wednesday, February 5.
For more details, visit: www.beefweek.com.au