Dairy Australia will host a series of webinars focusing on stimulus packages for dairy businesses during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The 90-minute-long webinars will unpack government support available for different dairy farm businesses, both federal and state, covering eligibility and accessibility.
Guest speaker Andrew Ellem from A.E Consultancy has extensive farm financial experience across government and will be available to answer questions from farmers regarding their specific circumstances.
Topics that will be covered in the webinars include:
● State-based COVID-19 assistance (region by region basis);
● Increased instant asset write-off;
● Accelerated depreciation deduction;
● Cash flow for business, $20 000 to $100 000 ‘boost';
● Support for apprentices and trainees;
● Supporting the flow of credit;
● Temporary relief for financially distressed businesses;
● JobKeeper payments;
● ATO Superannuation Guarantee amnesty;
● Regional Investment Corporation bank loans;
● Brief outline of other measures not suited to farming — for general awareness;
● Farm Household Allowance Program; and
● Handy information websites and links to assistance on offer.
Session times include:
● Monday, May 4: 10.30 am to noon;
● Wednesday, May 6: 7 pm to 8.30 pm;
● Thursday, May 7: noon to 1.30 pm.
The webinars will be held on the meeting platform Zoom, with those who have registered receiving a link to the meeting before it begins.
To attend the Victoria COVID-19 Government Stimulus Packages Webinar, visit: https://www.dairyaustralia.com.au/events-calendar and click on the event to register.
For inquiries, email Melva Tyson at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0439 667 425.