Information and practical tips on autumn pasture recovery will be delivered by Agriculture Victoria pasture specialist Fiona Baker during a webinar/phone seminar being held on May 13.
“Our pastures are an investment, and in many cases are ‘recoverable’, despite many years of moisture stress and/or fire damage in some areas,” Ms Baker said.
With 21 years’ experience delivering in the areas of nutrient management, grazing systems, cattle nutrition and feed budgeting, as well as running a south Gippsland dairy farm with her husband, Ms Baker will share her insights into how producers can get their pastures to thrive.
During the event, Ms Baker will cover a range of topics including:
● How to determine if pastures are ready for grazing;
● How long to leave stock in the paddock;
● The type of grazing strategy producers should be aiming for;
● How much rest to give a pasture after grazing;
● The specific signs producers should be looking for to determine if their pasture is recoverable.
The ‘Grazing tactics for autumn management’ webinar/phone seminar will be held at 7.30 pm on Wednesday, May 13.
To register, visit: https://login.redbackconferencing.com.au/landers/page/b3b3f2
For more information, email Tess McDougall at email@example.com or phone 0409 841 492.