Dairy Australia is hosting a silage webinar on August 6 to help farmers get the most of the silage they grow this season.
David Lewis, from Lallemand Animal Nutrition, will be the guest speaker and will provide information on getting the best quality cereal silage into your stack or bale.
The one-hour Quality Cereal Silage webinar will cover:
● Managing the things we can control
● Cereals for pit silage and bales
● Harvest timing flag leaf stage versus soft dough
● Understanding whole plant dry matter at harvest
● Sealing of the stack and the bale
● Length of chop, managing density
● Cereal silage challenges and the importance and role of inoculants
● Managing the increased ensiling challenges of cereals
The August 6 event will be held from noon.
To register, visit: https://www.dairyaustralia.com.au/events-calendar/event?sfid=7016F000002Xgn8QAC
For more information, call Lisa Birrell, at Murray Dairy, on 0499 220 027 or email her at: firstname.lastname@example.org